- CCP exam (CLF-C01) is for individuals who can demonstrate an overall knowledge of the AWS cloud.
- Having a CCP certificate under your belt shows that you have a high-level understanding of AWS services.
- This certificate is an entry-level course that focuses on business-centric concepts and billing.
- This is not considered a major certification for those already involved in cloud computing and development.
- This certification is aimed at sales and management consultants or someone starting their AWS cloud journey.
Purpose of the exam
The exam validates a candidate’s ability to complete the following tasks:
- Explain the value of the AWS Cloud
- Understand and explain the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understand security best practices
- Understand AWS Cloud costs, economics, and billing practices
- Describe and position the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases and storage
- Identify AWS services for common use cases
There is no prior requirement to undertake this certificate. However, Amazon recommends 0–6 months of hands-on experience with relevant AWS products or services prior to taking an AWS certification exam. The recommended experience will include the following knowledge:
- AWS Cloud concepts
- Security and compliance within the AWS Cloud
- Understanding of the core AWS services
- Understanding of the economics of the AWS Cloud
- Certification cost: $100 USD
- Exam duration: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 65
- Passing score: ~70%
- Validity: 3 years
- Multiple-choice: Questions has one correct response and three incorrect responses, or distractors.
- Multiple-response: Questions has two or more correct responses out of five or more options.
The topics covered in the exam is classified into 4 categories
- Cloud concepts — 26%
- Security and Compliance — 25%
- Technology — 33%
- Billing and Pricing — 16%
- Define the AWS Cloud and its value proposition
- Identify aspects of AWS Cloud economics
- Explain the different cloud architecture design principles
Security and Compliance
- Define the AWS shared responsibility model
- Define AWS Cloud security and compliance concepts
- Identify AWS access management capabilities
- Identify resources for security support
- Define methods of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
- Define the AWS global infrastructure
- Identify the core AWS services
- Identify resources for technology support
Billing and Pricing
- Compare and contrast the various pricing models for AWS
- Recognize the various account structures in relation to AWS billing and pricing
- Identify resources available for billing support
All of the courses below are recommended for beginners in the field of AWS cloud computing. The videos cover all the major topics required to have an overall understanding of the AWS cloud services and help you get prepared to take the certification exam.
- AWS Cloud practitioner essential developed by Amazon (6 hours): https://www.aws.training/Details/eLearning?id=60697
- Free tutorial developed by ExamPro on YouTube (4 hours): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLmDS179YE
- Free tutorial developed by Digital Cloud Training on YouTube (5.5 hours): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulprqHHWlng